print logo
Main Content Anchor

FlexElect Frequently Asked Questions

​Can an employee cancel or reduce their Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) due to the closure of a child care facility?  ​

​​Yes, the state's program includes a change in provider or change in cost as a permitting event. Employees must submit a completed STD 701R – Reimbursement Account Enrollment Authorization requesting the reduction or cancellation to their departmental personnel office within 60 days of the permitting event. Any change submitted will be on a prospective basis only. Effective dates are based on the first of the following month when a correctly completed form is received at the State's Controller's Office (SCO) by the tenth of the month.

In the reverse, an employee can make an election change when the child care provider resumes business. The enrollment steps are the same as the reduction or cancellation steps above.​

How does an employee claim reimbursement for the months child care was not needed? ​

Employees may only submit reimbursements for services rendered. However, the funds contributed will remain in the account for the duration of the plan year. Expenses can continue to incur at any point during the plan year, even if the employee is not making new contributions. Employees should keep this in mind if they experience a permitting event later in the year. They may want to reduce their new election if there are remaining contributions from earlier in the year. At no point can an employee be reimbursed more than the amount of contributions that have actually been made to date.

If the employee is experiencing a permitting event, they may modify or cancel their election. Please see the answer above for more information.  

Under the 2020 and 2021 Employee Relief under the FlexElect Reimbursement Accounts Program, employees may continue to incur expenses through the grace period. 

Can an employee cancel their Medical Reimbursement Account (MRA) due to procedures being cancelled with unforeseen rescheduled dates? ​

​​No, the cancellation of a procedure is not considered a permitting event to modify or cancel the MRA; however, employees will be permitted to make a one-time, mid-year election change for the 2021 plan year without a permitting event. Once this exception has been used, the employee must experience a permitting event to make another election change. For a list of permitting events, refer to the Permitting Event Codes/Date Chart.​​​

What are ASIFlex’s office hours and claims processing times?

ASIFlex’s representatives are available 5:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7:00 - 11:00 a.m. Saturdays, PST.

For a faster processing of claims, ASIFlex highly encourages employees to file claims electronically as this will result in the quickest turnaround time. Employees can file claims via the ASIFlex MobileApp (available for free on Google Play or the App Store), ASIFlex Online Portal (by logging into account detail), or ASIFlex toll-free fax (877-879-9038).

ASIFlex is currently meeting all claims processing goals.

  Updated: 3/30/2021
One Column Page
Link Back to Top