You are now leaving this website and being directed to the specific California government resource or website that you have requested. CalHR accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of external websites or external documents linked to on this website.
Thank you for your interest in the Office Assistant (General) and (Typing) Examination. The California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) Selection Division staff is available to assist you from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (866) 844-8671. CalHR also provides services to the public at our Job Center located at 1810 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811. (Please Note: the Jobs Center is currently not open due to Covid-19) For additional information, visit the State Jobs Center webpage.
The Office Assistant (General) and (Typing) examination is administered on a continuous basis. Please check the examination bulletin for links to the online multiple-choice exam.
The first step in getting a job with the State of California is passing an examination. Review the examination bulletin for the job description to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications to participate in the examination, and obtain written examination information. Examinations are required to obtain eligibility for job vacancies.
1. To create a new account go here: Create a Profile.
2. Examination Bulletin. Search for and read the official examination bulletin for information on the Office Assistant (General) and (Typing) examination.
3. Study Guide. For a copy of the Office Assistant (General) and (Typing) Study Guide please click here.
4. Minimum Qualifications. Be prepared to answer questions on your education and work experience.
5. Class Specification. View the classification specification for a description of the duties and requirements. Click here for classification specification.