Savings Plus for Retirees
Savings Plus is the name of the 401(k) Plan and 457 Plan available to most State of California employees. Savings Plus is also a source of supplemental income for retirees who contributed to Savings Plus during employment.
Savings Plus Awards New Administrator Contract
Find out more about the new administrator and how this change affects you.
Combine Your Retirement Savings
As a retiree, you may combine your retirement savings into one easy to manage Savings Plus account even after you retire as long as you have an existing account with money on deposit.
Retirement savings eligible for rollover to Savings Plus include 401(a), 401(k), 403(b), 457, and Pre-Tax IRA savings.
Additionally, the following retirement benefits are eligible to transfer to your Savings Plus account after you separate:
- Peace Officers and Fire Fighters (POFF)
- Extended Service Incentive Program (ESIP)
- Deferred Retirement Option (DROP)
- California State University System 403(b)
- Monetary Credits
The Advantage of Combined Assets
- Convenient - Manage all your retirement assets in one place
- Efficient - Monitor your investment strategy effectively
- Simple - Have one point of contact for all your 401(k) and 457 retirement questions
- Cost-Effective – Why pay more? Reduce the number of accounts you have and you will reduce the fees you pay