Non-merit statutory appeals
The California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) presents this material for reference only. It is not intended to supersede civil service laws and regulations or current labor contracts. As you read this material, keep in mind:
- The information does not create a statement of CalHR policy.
- The information is not intended to substitute for advice you, your employer, or an employee may receive from an attorney or labor relations representative.
- To the extent the information is inconsistent with the terms of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the employee's union and DPA, the MOU controls.
- If the appellant is a rank-and-file employee, review the union's current Bargaining Unit contract for guidance.
- The information is subject to change.
- The final decisions posted are informational only and are non-precedential.
For rank-and-file employees:
For employees excluded from collective bargaining: