print logo
Main Content Anchor

Retiree Dental Benefits

CalPERS maintains the dental benefit enrollment records for all state retirees, processes retirees' dental enrollments, and submits eligibility information to the appropriate dental plan.

It is important that you keep your home address current at all times, even if your retirement check is deposited directly into your bank account.  This helps ensure you receive timely information about your state-sponsored dental benefits that may be mailed to your home address by CalHR or CalPERS.  Report address changes to CalPERS at the address below (be sure to include your Social Security number and telephone number):

California Public Employees' Retirement System
Health Account Management Division
P. O. Box 942715
Sacramento, CA 94229-2715

If you are a retired state employee and have any questions regarding your eligibility, contact CalPERS, Health Account Management Division toll free at: (888) 225-7377/ TTY (877) 249-7442. 

You may still be able to enroll or make changes to your benefits if you are newly eligible or experience a change in status (permitting event). Please contact CalPERS toll free at (888) 225-7377.

2019 Plan Information

How to Enroll or Make Changes during Open Enrollment

To expedite processing, it is suggested you phone in your request to CalPERS. Phone requests must be made to CalPERS between September 10 through October 5, 2018. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.  

CalPERS contact numbers for Open Enrollment:

Voice:     (888) Cal-PERS or (888) 225-7377

TTY:        (916) 795-3240

FAX:        (800) 959-6545

Changes made during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2019.

Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions 

Important Reminders

  • If you have children up to age 26, they are eligible for dependent coverage with the Retiree Dental and Vision Programs.

For more information please use links below:

How to enroll or make changes

You may contact CalPERS by phone at (888) 225-7377 or by sending a written letter. To expedite processing, it is suggested you phone in your request.

  Updated: 2/12/2019
One Column Page
Link Back to Top