Short-Term Travel - Personal Vehicle Mileage Reimbursement
Mileage reimbursement covers:
- The cost of maintenance (oil, lube, routine maintenance)
- Insurance (liability, damage, comprehensive and collision coverage)
- Licensing and registration
- Depreciation and all other costs associated with operation of the vehicle
Employees must have advance approval to drive a personal vehicle on State business.
Mileage Reimbursement Rates
- Personal Vehicle - 56.5 cents per mile
- Personal Vehicle (State-approved relocation) - 24 cents per mile
- Private Aircraft - 50 cents per mile*
These rates apply to travel on or after the effective dates of the memorandum of understanding or the DPA Travel Rules. If an employee claims reimbursement for travel before that date, the old reimbursement rate applies.