Office Technician (General) and (Typing) Examination
Thank you for your interest in the Office Technician (General) and (Typing) Examination. The California Department of Human Resources (CalHR), Selection Division staff is avaliable to assist you from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at (866) 844-8671. CalHR also provides services to the public at our Job Center located at 1810 16th Street, Sacramento, Ca 95811, click here for additional information.
The Office Technician (General) and (Typing) examination is administered on a continuous basis. Please check the examination bulletin for examination dates and locations. Seats are on a first come first serve basis. Examination filing dates are posted 10 days prior to the scheduling dates. We recommend you monitor the examination bulletin periodically for updates.
The first step in getting a job for the State of California is passing an examination. Review the examination bulletin for job description, to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications to participate in the examination, and obtain written examination information. Examinations are required to obtain eligibility for job vacancies.
Scheduling Process for the Office Technician (General) and (Typing) Examination
1. Create a Profile and for help click here for a step by step guide on how to create a profile (please complete your profile before the scheduling date and time).
2. Search and read the official examination bulletin for information on the Office Technician examination.
3. For a copy of the Office Technician (General) and (Typing) Study Guide please click here.
4. Click on the scheduling link to apply to take the examination, click here for a step by step guide on how to apply self-schedule for a written examination.
5. Be prepared to answer questions on your education and work experience.
6. Select a written test time and date.
7. Print your notice to appear.
8. View the class specification for a description of the duties and requirements for the Office Technician classification at . View the class specification for a description of the duties and requirements for the Office Technician classification at http://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/pages/1441.aspx.
What to do on the Self-Scheduling Date
||Written Examination Dates
Friday, November 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Friday, November 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Friday, November 21, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Monday, November 10, 2014; Tuesday November 12 through Friday , November 14, 2014
Monday, November 17 through Friday, November 22, 2014
To Be Determined (TBD)
Please check back for an updated list of testing locations.
*Test locations for other counties are anticipated soon.
If you have questions
Read the examination bulletin carefully for more detailed information on the examination or contact (866) 844-8671. Visit the State jobs website, http://jobs.ca.gov
, to find other examinations and job vacancies.
For technical assistance click here